Friday, October 24, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
Whew! The period of July-October is always the busiest time for me. Not only has school started (and with it comes daily homework, exams, going back and forth to 3 different schools, traffic, etc) but all of my 3 kids' birthdays fall within this time frame.
Their birthdays are exactly 6 weeks apart -- beginning on July 20 (Nadya), then Sept 3 (Bianca) and finally ends on Oct 16 (Luis). And that's only on the home front since the Scrappin' Moms Idol Contest is also held during this time.
And since cost-cutting is THE underlying theme for all parties this year, they all celebrated their birthdays at home (Bianca had another one in school and Luis had a joint-party with 2 other friends). I not only made their birthday cakes, but I also made the invites, decorations and researched theme-related games and made props, on top of being the party host and music dj.
This year, I made a total of 5 cakes for my kids birthdays.
- On Oct 11, I had my annual scrap-party with my best scrapping buddies. These guys are so sweet, they got together to get me a Clip-It Up with a 2nd tier. Unfortunately, we didn't have an over-nighter this time because my sked couldn't accomodate it.
- On Oct 17 (after Luis' birthday party at home), Bud and I had dinner with Therese and her hubby Arman. Therese is one of my best college buddies -- too bad Buda and Janet are in the US and Kip was in Singapore (together we call ourselves the GGs). We ate at Mamou (yummy steak) where Bud had arranged for them to surprise me with a Mini Red Velvet Cake and a bouquet of flowers, all delivered to me as the waiters sang Happy Birthday! Then we had a few drinks at Brava reminiscing about the good old days when 5 rounds of Absolut-tonic wouldn't even make a dent in our system. We were surprised to still be awake past 1am!
- And on Oct 18, we had Ladies Night with the other Hot OC (as in obsessive-compulsive) Moms October celebrants Astrid, Isay and Maget. This is my La Salle Greenhills mommy group -- THE source for all inside info and exam reviewers! The conversation among the 12 ladies present (no men allowed) was titillating, to say the least, especially with flowing wine, champagne and our secret lootbags!
Not bad for an old hag nearing her 40's, eh?
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Sunday, October 12, 2008
I know I do, but I don't think I'm eligible to join this contest. But for those of you who are, Scrapbooks N Stickers will be holding a Scavenger Hunt from Oct 12 - Nov 11. All you have to do is scour the site and blog for answers to these 20 questions:
- What is the name of the Scrapbooks 'N Stickers Design Team?
- If you purchase the Zutter Bind-It-All from Scrapbooks 'N Stickers on line, what do you receive as a free bonus?
- What is the name of our monthly club?
- What two sizes do the Zutter Round-It-All corner rounder come in?
- Who owns Scrapbooks 'N Stickers?
- What is the name of the Fancy Pants paper line that is perfect for scrapbooking a birthday?
- What do you receive with membership in our monthly club?
- How many members of our Design Team live outside the United States?
- There are four choices for refills for the Glue Glider Max. What are they?
- Clicking on what tab on our home page will take you to our blog?
- Which company on our website has a product line called "Beyond the Page"?
- What is the name of Teresa Collins Designs scrapbook line that features crowns, angel wings and the colors pink & black?
- What five things will the Zutter Round-It-All corner rounder cut?
- According to the Scrapbooks 'N Stickers Blog post from September 23, will the Taste of Scraptique layouts for CKC-Seattle be the same or different from the layouts for CKC-Portland and why?
- What is the name of the Zutter machine that will let you cut your full cardstock sheets down to any size with just the turn of a handle?
- What is the name of the best selling line of "bling" by Prima Marketing, Inc.?
- What scrapbooking company featured on the Scrapbooks 'N Stickers website carries a wide variety of wood products, including wall hangings, albums, words, shapes and flourishes?
- What scrapbook convention is Scrapbooks 'N Stickers a Platinum sponsor of?
- What is the name of the Bind-It-All idea book?
- What is the name of the head of our Design Team who is also the inspiration, creative mind and fabulously fun girl behind our Scavenger Hunt?
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Week 1 - Multi-colored chipboard with glitter
Week 2 - Dimensional Stamping on Chipboard
Title: The Easter Bunny Came to Town
Week 3 - Foiled and Dry-Embossed Chipboard
Week 4 - Using Household Materials to Cover Chipboard
Week 5 - Layering Chipboard (my LO won this week)
Week 6 - Covering Chipboard with Tulle and Embossing with Glitter
Week 7 - Crackled Chipboard and Distressed Edges
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
My birthday is coming this month and I'll have 1 year left before I turn 40. Boy, is that a wake-up call, or what? Right now, I can't think of any should'ves or could'ves that I can't live with, so I guess I've done pretty much what I want to do with my life.
But now there's a number hanging above my head and I can't help but think that there must be other things I need to do before I get there. The question is "What????"
THE CHALLENGE: Create a LO or project with the theme "What To Do Before I Turn 40" (or for those who have passed this milestone "What I Should've Done Before I Turned 40")
THE PRIZE: I have quite a few goodies here and I'll take a pic soon, but I guarantee you it's gonna be worth it.
Email your LOs to me by October 31 and I'll have a few people choose the winner to be announced a week later.
So girls, you have a month to do this, can't wait to see what suggestions you have for me in my last year in the 30's!
When: Sept 30th (with the fun running through the month of October
Where: Little Monkeys website
R.S.V.P. not needed, just come for the fun!
Materials from SNSS: Patterned Papers - SEI; American Crafts Thickers, American Crafts Ribbon; Other Materials: Pen - Uniball Signo, Ranger Distress Paint; Chalk Ink;
Journaling: Bianca gets made-up as a bunny for the Halloween '07 issue of Working Mom magazine. 082707
Materials from SNSS: Patterned Papers- Creative Imaginations, SEI; Stamp - Imaginisce, Ribbon - American Crafts, Thickers - American Crafts, Buttons; Other Materials: Pen - Uniball Signo, Zig; Dymo Label Maker; Ink - Ranger;
Journaling: Luis meets a new friend in this skeleton we found at the Acropolis Trick or Treat. Oct '07
Materials from SNSS: Patterned Papers-Creative Imaginations; American Crafts Thickers; Maya Road Journaling Sheers; American Crafts Ribbon, Stamp-Imaginisce; Other Materials: Pen - American Crafts Slick Writer; Ink - Ranger
Materials from SNSS: Cardstock, Patterned Papers - Creative Imaginations, SEI; Twinkling H2O, Stickles, Maya Road Square Scallop Chipboard, Imaginisce Stamp; Other Materials: Ranger Distress Paints and Inks