Saturday, December 20, 2008

5 Days To Go!

I can't believe that Christmas is only 5 days away! How could it have caught up with me so fast when I started planning for it in September??? And somehow, I now find myself planning to do more last-minute shopping next week -- like be at the mall when it opens to avoid the crowds and traffic!

I thought I would have more time to scrap since Luis didn't have any homework this month, but nada. There was Luis' 1st Holy Communion (for which I made stampitas and cookie favors), school Christmas parties, cupcake orders and other things that I now can't recall, but I know they had to be done at that time!

This Christmas Countdown took a whole 2 weeks to finish -- I started it on Dec. 6 and just finished today! It's so unlike me to take too long on a project -- which is why, tired and sleepy as I am, I really had to finish it already because I hate having unfinished business, so to speak.

But for anyone with young kids like mine, it is never too late to have a countdown. Each of my 3 kids ask me several times a day "How many more days before Christmas?" As if my answer will change within the same day -- haha! I love this project because I know I can really use it and show it off as well! Now if only I can find a way for them not to destroy it when they race to be the one to change the number each day so it can make it through several Christmases???

Materials: Chipboard Tree - Kaisercraft; Papers - Pink Paislee; Paint, Letter Stickers, Metal Signage and Lace - Making Memories; Chipboard Star - Jo-ann; Cookie Cutter Embellishments - Dress It Up; Stickles

No comments: