Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I Rub U

It feels so good to do a traditional LO! February seems so unproductive compared to January because I've been working on a Digital scrapbook/yearbook for Nadya's class...for free! What did I get myself into???

Here's a LO using some adorable stamps from My Favorite Things care of Little Monkeys. And to keep in theme with the ongoing economic crisis, how much thriftier can you get when you use the negative portion of letter stickers for background paper???



Title: I Rub U

Materials: DCWV cardstock, American Crafts stickers, My Favorite Things stamp, Tsukineko inks, Zig and Uniball Signo pens, Fancy Pants felt heart, misc bling

Journaling: Apo Lola Lydia gives Bianca a kiss (Nov 2006). But when you really look at it, it’s not your average pucker. There is something in the way that grandparents (and in this case, great-grandparents) kiss their grandkids. It’s sort of a “stop and smell the roses kind of kiss”, where you can actually see them savouring every moment that the child is in their arms, and would rather not let go. I wonder what goes through their minds when they do this? Do they look back on their childhood? Does it make them long for their own youth? Or do all grandkids just smell so delicious that you want to eat them up? Whatever it is, we all know that a grandparent’s kiss is their way of saying...I Rub U

And speaking of Little Monkeys, Susan just released 2 more adorable color sets:

Tropical Getaway

Sweetheart

Do check out the Little Monkeys site for more details!

2 comments:

tnapay said...

i so agree with you ria. i remember seeing my grandma holding my nephew and my son when each boy were still newborns. they seem to be sniffing them. oooh. lola's love.

Wati Basri said...

dftly a lovely n precious LO!!