Saturday, June 4, 2011

Burlap & Buttercups June 2011 Kit

I am so proud to present my LOs for the inaugural kit of the brand new kit club Burlap and Buttercups (don't you just love the name???)!
 This kit is awesome and even better with the add-ons!
The main June 2011 kit contains the ff:

  • 12x12" Patterned Paper (1 sheet each): BasicGrey's Hello Luscious line: Honeyed, Raspberry Syrup, Blissful, Yumberry, Rosemary, Inviting; My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose line: Memories Die-Cut Woven Paper, Hazel "Mother" Ledger, Gertie "You & Me"; American Crafts' Hello Sunshine line: Fluttery
  • Bazzill Cardstock (1 sheet each): Irish Eyes, Butter, Sugar Cookie, Pirouette, Lagoon
  • Embellishments: BasicGrey's Hello Luscious painted brads, assorted colors and sizes; 3 Maya Road chipboard frames, assorted sizes and styles; 1 package BasicGrey Hello Luscious Bloomers; 1 package Jenni Bowlin vellum embellished butterflies, yellow; 5 Maya Road trinket pins, leaf; American Crafts alpha thickers, Merry (Spinach); Crate Paper phrase stickers, Emma's Shoppe Collection
  • Ribbon/Trim: Jillibean Soup Bean Stalks twine, 1 yd blue and 1 yd green; 1 yd. American Crafts velvet ribbon with scallops, Sunflower

The add-on contains:
  • 1 bottle Maya Mist in Raspberry Pink
  • 7 Gypsies Gypsy Tags, assorted styles
  • October Afternoon alpha stickers, Cupcake (chocolate)
  • BasicGrey's Hello Luscious Sticker Titles
  • 5 Crate Paper Sew Brads, assorted sizes and styles
And here are the 3 LOs I have created so far...this was so fun I finished all these in one day!

In this 1st LO, I painted the chipboard frames with Distress Crackle Paint and then misted with the Maya Mist! I love the effect of the Maya Mist...it has a different kind of sparkly finish vs others. I also used my Slice machine to die-cut the swirls.
Title: Child's Play

In this 2nd LO, I used my scallop punch to cut out the flowers and then wrapped twine across and around it. I used my Slice machine again to cut out the flower patterns.
Title: Tiptoe

This 3rd LO is a quick one with some fussy-cutting and basically just putting the elements together until it looked right.
Title: Just Rosy

If you like what you've seen so far, head on over to the Burlap and Buttercups site to grab your kit and find more inspiration from the other designers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are such beautiful LOs, Ria. I'm so fortunate to have such a talented team of designers! =)

CalleLillyCafe said...

Love your layouts! I love the kit too! =)