Create your own Christmas countdown calendar!
- 1" Glue lines
- Mini Glue Dots
- Micro Glue Dots
- wood model bird house kit
- Christmas countdown patterned paper with numbers (I used Imaginisce Cottage Christmas)
- other Christmas papers
- Acrylic paint (I used light blue)
- Border punch, for trim
- small metal L-shaped screw hook
- Cardboard for backing and flag stick
- Letter stickers
- Trace the different parts of the birdhouse (walls and roof) onto the backs of desired patterned papers, cut out and adhere with Mini Glue Dots.
- Paint other wooden parts in desired color
- Drill a small hole at the top of one of the roofs and insert metal hook.
- Assemble the birdhouse using the Glue Dots lines to connect the edges.
- Optional: Punch trim from patterned paper and adhere around the roof.
- Take the Christmas Countdown paper and cut out all the numbers. If desired, adhere to cardboard to make them sturdier.
- You may also ink the edges.
- Punch a small hole at the top of each number.
- Cut out a 1/4" wide x 4" long piece of cardboard for the stick.
- Cut out a 2"x3" piece of patterned paper for the flag.
- Adhere letter stickers for title.
- Assemble flag and adhere the roof piece with the hook.
I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots design team.