Thursday, November 16, 2006

My Garden


Finished this LO the other day following the BG Sketch for November. I couldn't resist doing it even if I had to put aside Luis' Pilipino Exam reviewer for a while(I spent 3 days scanning his activity sheets and workbooks).
I just got my new BG Romani/Gypsy papers last week and had to use them. Cutting up the flowers and adhering them with foam squares is an idea I picked up from Joanne after viewing Jorel's album.
The poem I got from 2peas and adapted to fit my 3 kids. I love it cos I barely have a garden and definitely have no flowers cos I'm no green thumb! Also used my new Sizzlits Azure font, chipboard tags from K&Co, metal letters from Joann.com.

Journaling:
The flowers in my garden, may not win a prize,
But there’s no doubt about it, they’re blue ribbons in my eyes.

Their roots are made of little feet, and their blooms reach for the sun
As they spread their leaves in wonder, and ‘round my garden run.

Two little girls, a little boy; laughing, so carefree,
Playing in my garden, it's happiness times three!

Black hair whipping wildly, as they chase each other ‘round
All squealing with delight, I love to hear their sound.

Someday I will plant flowers, where my children now all play.
But right now I'm growing children, flowers can wait another day.

Update: This LO just got accepted in the BG Gallery! Yipee!

2 comments:

Mia Castrillo said...

Love this layout, Ria! I'm sure it'll be added to your gallery in BG. Galing mo mag mix and match ng PPs! Great layout!

Diane said...

Galing galing mo talaga Ria! For sure this will be accepted sa BG site... love ko yung flowers... Ang ganda nitong papers na ito.