Monday, November 5, 2007

Baby No More

My baby's 1st Day of School today. Bianca joined the Toddler class in the same nursery school that Luis & Nadya went to.

I always thought she was more shy than the other 2 so I feared she might cling to me and not want to be left alone (or was that wishful thinking?).

But she went straight into the classroom, sat herself down in front of the easel and started painting. When I said I was leaving, she lifted her hand to wave and said "Bye Mommy" without even looking at me. Sigh...

Here I was half-hoping she would cling to me (and I freed up my whole morning expecting to be spending it at school). But I'm glad she was ok. The teachers at the school always marvel at how my kids are all so self-confident at such an early age. I don't know how we did it but I hope that means we're not such bad parents after all.

5 comments:

Roxannee said...

Hi Ria! When my son went to school for the 1st time, I was the one who was crying!!!! I went straight to the shop and I found myself crying while driving....grabe couldn't let the apron strings go!

Wendy Schoonhoven said...

I can remember when my kids went to school for the first time. I was crying my heart out and they just had so much fun!! Great to see your daughter had the same reaction....again great pics, you can see she has lots of fun already...xxx Wendy.

Lei said...

wow.. parang kailan lang buntis ka pa kay Bianca and now she's off to school.. time goes by very fast..

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

oh so cute! Too adorable! Time files!

Lia said...

what a lovely and adorable daughter you have. my daughter is into school this year for the first time and she really likes it so much