Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007 Menu

I'm hosting Thanksgiving dinner again tomorrow and here's our menu:

THANKSGIVING 2007
MENU


Soup
Cream of Pumpkin c/o Mom

Salad
Oriental Salad

Main Course
The World’s Best Turkey
with
Bread and Celery Stuffing
And Gravy

Ribs in Barbecue Sauce

Baked Prawns c/o Mom

Pasta c/o Dinah

Side Dishes
Hash Brown Casserole II
Awesome and Easy Creamy Corn Casserole
Cranberry Jelly c/o Ocean Spray

Dessert
Apple Pecan Cobbler
Napoleones c/o Mom
Panna Cotta with Strawberry Sauce
Vanilla Ice Cream

I totally have to starve myself today and tomorrow so I can stuff myself tomorrow night! I made sure there are a lot of other entrees so I'll have left-over turkey for the next few days -- yummy!

One positive effect of the strong Peso is that the price of a turkey has dropped by around 20% from last year. Got a 7+kg frozen turkey 2 days ago which is currently thawing in the fridge, bathing in sparkling grape juice. I probably should change its bath water today, maybe to 7-up? Let's hope all goes well with my turkey tomorrow. No plans of brining and injecting my bird this year -- did that last year and wasn't so hot about it.

I was tagged by Marj the other day...thanks girl!

No comments: