Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Create My Own Music

Did this LO last week for a challenge --I didn't win but I still love it, especially because I got to use up some of my stash -- note the now obsolete Karen Foster boot loopy brads!

The photos were taken during one of my photography classes last month. They didn't have a "model" for the portrait session so they asked my to sit under the hot sun and smile for our class of 40+ students.

At least now I have some decent solo pics, so it was worth it, after all!

Materials Used: Love Elsie pps, Colormates cs, Maya Road chipboard scrolls, Tim Holtz Distress Powder, Versamark Ink, Sharpie, Zig and Sakura Souffle pens, Making Memories paint and flower brad, Autumn Leaves stamps, Heidi Swapp & Prima flowers, Queen & Co. alpha brads, photo anchors, word brad and mini brads, Karen Foster lacing brads & floss, misc lace, label holder, ribbon

Journaling: I may not have been blessed with a talent for song and dance, but I have been blessed with everything else. And at almost 38 yrs. old, I've learned to sing and dance to my own music. July 2007

Photos by Errell Nino.

To make the Treble Clef, I trimmed and put-together 2 Maya Road chipboard scrolls, painted and then heat embossed them with pink distress powder.

For the butterfly, I stamped the image 2x, heat embossed and then attached the middle body part. Under the wings I put foam squares for some lift.

2 comments:

Benga said...

this is very pretty Ria! I love it!

Anna Zalamea said...

oh very very very nice LO, Ria!!! I love it!!! Great photos and I love all the little details!