Monday, May 28, 2007

Don't Cry

Did this simple quickie LO yesterday -- in under an hour -- a major feat for me.

Bud took this photo of Nadya & I at our Mother's Day breakfast on May 13. It's become our tradition to have breakfast at my restaurant of choice on Mother's Day -- breakfast is my favorite meal of the day!

I love the fact that when my kids need comforting because they got hurt or feel scared, I am the one they choose to go to -- as if all their pain and fear will go away when I put my "magic arms" around them.

Title: Don't Cry

Journaling: One of the best things about being a mom is when my kids choose to come to me for comfort -- a hug, a kiss on their "ouchie" -- it makes it all worthwhile. May '07

Materials Used: Urban Lily pp, DCWV cs, Making Memories metal frame, Autumn Leaves stamp, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Heidi Swapp & K&Co chipboard alphas, chalk ink, Zig pen, misc lace

2 comments:

Sahrie said...

I love this layout Ria! It really tugged on my heart. It is such a blessing to be a mom, isn't it? Great job!

Jenn Valmonte said...

very sweet layout...and the picture, really great! great shot!