Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I Luv Ur Smile!

Finally finished this LO yesterday -- which I actually started 2 weeks ago but other things got in the way. This pic was taken at Burgoo's in Galleria -- on Luis actual birthday last year. His party was already held the day before.
At the time this pic was taken, 2 of his baby teeth had already been replaced by permanent teeth -- the gap is from the baby tooth he lost when he accidentally tripped when he was only a year old.
That minor accident was the 1st traumatic experience we had as parents. It was Easter Sunday of 2002 and we were in Canyon Woods. We got back from morning mass to find Yaya Jen holding a crying Luis. It was quite a bad fall that the rest of the tooth embedded in the gumline had to be taken out -- and he had to be put to sleep to do that. I think I cried more than he did during the "operation".
Although we've been waiting ever since for his permanent tooth to come out and fill that gap, I can't help but think that his smile is perfect the way it is.
Materials Used: From Scrapbukan - Tinkering Ink Westminster pps, Finery and alpha die-cuts, Lil Davis Journaling Stamp & Glitter Glaze; Others - KI Memories pp, Fancy Pants border & oval tag, Around the Block "My Boy" brad, K & Co chipboard, Staz-on ink, Zig pen, Joann chipboard tab, Misc twill, alphabet stamp, brads, ribbon.
Journaling: Oh how I dread the day when all your permanent teeth set in. I will really miss your "one-less tooth" smile and all the childhood memories that go with it. I luv ur smile!

No comments: